more with one person, thing, etc. than with others, or more in particular circumstances than in others 尤其;特别;格外synonymparticularly
Teenagers are very fashion conscious, especially girls.青少年,尤其是女孩,很注重时尚。
especially + adv./prep.I love Rome, especially in the spring.我喜爱罗马,尤其是春天的罗马。
especially if…The car is quite small, especially if you have children.这辆汽车很小,如果有孩子就尤其显得小。
Language Bank emphasisemphasisHighlighting an important point强调重点
This case emphasizes/highlights the importance of honest communication between managers and employees.这个事例凸显出经理与员工之间坦诚交流的重要性。
Effective communication skills are essential/crucial/vital.有效的交流技巧是至关重要的。
It should be noted that this study considers only verbal communication. Non-verbal communication is not dealt with here.应该注意的是本研究只考查了言语交流,在此没有涉及非言语交流。
It is important to remember that/An important point to remember is that non-verbal communication plays a key role in getting your message across.非言语交流在传递信息过程中起着重要的作用,记住这一点非常重要。
Communication is not only about the words you use but also your body language and, especially/above all, the effectiveness with which you listen.交流不仅涉及使用的词语,同时也涉及身体语言,尤其与能否有效听取对方的话有关。
I would like to draw attention to the role of listening in effective communication.我想让大家注意倾听在有效交流中扮演的角色。
Choose your words carefully: in particular, avoid confusing and ambiguous language.注意用词,特别是避免使用令人费解和有歧义的语言。
Finally, and perhaps most importantly, you must learn to listen as well as to speak.最后,也许是最重要的,你不仅要学会说还要学会听。
Extra Examples
Far too many people, especially young people, are sleeping on the streets.太多的人,尤其是年轻人,在街上睡觉。
We've made a lot of progress, especially considering that we only had about 13 weeks to do it all.我们取得了很大进步,特别是考虑到我们只有大约13周的时间来完成所有工作。
This might expose the country to financial problems in the future, especially given the uncertainty over oil prices.尤其是考虑到石油价格的不确定性,这可能会使该国将来面临财务问题。
More research needs to be done, especially since it was a small study.需要做更多的研究,特别是因为这是一项小研究。
for a particular purpose, person, etc.专门;特地
I got up early especially.我特别早起。
especially for somebody/somethingI made it especially for you.这是我特地为你做的。
The vehicle was designed especially for use in the desert.该车专为在沙漠中使用而设计。
Which Word? especially / speciallyespecially / specially
Especially usually means ‘particularly’:especially 通常表示尤其、特别:
She loves all sports, especially swimming.她喜爱各种运动,尤其是游泳。
It is not placed first in a sentence:该词不用于句首:
I especially like sweet things.我特别喜欢吃甜食。
Especially I like sweet things.
Specially usually means ‘for a particular purpose’ and is often followed by a past participle, such as designed, developed or made:
a course specially designed to meet your needs为满足你们的需要专门开设的课程
She has her clothes specially made in Paris.她的衣服是特意在巴黎定做的。
In British English, especially and specially are often used in the same way and it can be hard to hear the difference when people speak. Specially is less formal:
I bought this especially/specially for you.这是我特意为你买的。
It is especially/specially important to remember this.记住这一点尤为重要。
The adjective for both especially and specially is usually special.
very much; to a particular degree十分;非常
A plentiful supply of water is especially important in summer.在夏季,充足的水供应尤其重要。
especially useful/interesting特别有用/有趣
Children are expected to obey their parents at all times.This is especially true of girls.期望儿童始终遵守父母的要求,尤其是女孩。
I wasn't feeling especially happy that day.那天我并不十分高兴。
‘Do you like his novels?’ ‘Not especially.’“你喜欢他的小说吗?” “不十分喜欢。”